Friday, July 19, 2013

Lemons or Lemonade...your choice

We are faced with choices every day. We get to make lemonade from them or just look at the lemons...sometimes it takes awhile to find just the right amount of sugar and water to add. That's what happened this time. I joined a group to swap afghan squares and I did my part to the best of my ability...sent the appropriate number...mailed on time...paid my return postage...and then life happened...when the squares finally got here several colors were missing...wrong sizes...and without some serious creativity the blanket was going to be baby sized...LEMONS

My girl, Alex, saw all the pinks and was sparkly in love! Oh Meme that is for me? I just love this blanket! She saw lemonade! The squares just sat...still lemons to me. Then one day...she said, "Meme, I need a new hug me to sleeps blanket."

How could I put those squares to use? Ahhhh wrap those lemons in sugar and water and some prayer.

She's still not my favorite Granny Loving but she's pretty and she is loved. And the best part...my Naptime Hugs will stay here wrapping my Alex and me in hugs when she sleeps. Yes as long as I can and as long as she wants this child may lie on my lap and be hugged to sleep! She adds the perfect sugar every single time!

Love
~pam

3 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Just goes to prove you can make anything beautiful & usable if you do your best. ;)
    Hope you & your girl have many wonderful naps with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the blankie she picked today...she sure knows how to make her meme feel special!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts. It might take a bit for your comment to show up.